This heat, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the vacations in a bowl. Made with deliciously aromatic gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! all spice! — it can make your own home scent superb and your mouth begin watering.
The vacation season is in full swing and in all places you look you’ll discover seasonal vacation favorites and peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog-flavored every part. As somebody who loves all of those flavors, I’m over right here like carry it ooon! And when these flavors infiltrate my very own kitchen, it’s solely all the higher.
When my complete home smells like contemporary gingerbread and the scent of gingerbread, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves saturates each room, I’m stuffed with that holly, jolly nostalgic feeling that solely comes this time of 12 months. Why reserve that feeling for the day or two we make gingerbread cookies throughout the vacation season when it’s a scent and taste we will take pleasure in within the morning as a part of a heat and comforting breakfast?
That’s the place gingerbread oatmeal is available in!
Made with thick, chewy oats, almond milk and flaxseed, this gingerbread oatmeal is flavored with conventional gingerbread spices and evenly sweetened with pure maple syrup. It’s worthy of serving on Christmas morning but in addition splendidly easy and excellent for busy weekdays while you wish to add a bit little bit of the vacation spirit into your morning meal.
Right here’s every part it is advisable to make this recipe:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Floor flaxseeds
- Spices: Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice
- Maple syrup
On the subject of topping this oatmeal, I received’t decide you if you wish to use a drizzle of leftover icing from a batch of gingerbread cookies however since that’s not one thing most of us usually have available, chopped pecans and almond butter are two private favorites.
In the event you give this recipe a attempt, I hope you find it irresistible and that it brings a bit additional pleasure into your vacation season this 12 months!
This heat, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the vacations in a bowl. Made with deliciously aromatic gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! — it can make your own home scent superb and your mouth begin watering.
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups quaint oats
- 3 tablespoons floor flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (plus extra for topping, if desired)
- Non-compulsory toppings: Chopped pecans (or your favourite nut), almond butter
- Warmth the almond milk in a saucepan over medium-high warmth till it’s close to a boil. Add within the oats, flaxseed, spices, salt, and maple syrup, and stir to mix.
- Flip the warmth all the way down to a low simmer and prepare dinner for 7-8 minutes till the oats are tender. Take off the warmth and let the oats thicken up if wanted. Or, add in additional almond milk to skinny out the consistency for those who choose.
- High with chopped pecans, almond butter, and extra maple syrup if desired.
Key phrases: oatmeal, gingerbread oatmeal, oatmeal recipes, vacation recipes
Further Oatmeal Recipes To Attempt